- I was born at an US Military (Air Force) hospital in Iwakuni, Japan.
- My dad was a radio operator on planes for the Navy and my mom went over with him.
- His enlistment time was up when I turned 3 months and we came back to the states (Sacramento, CA).
- I was raised in Santa Clara, CA and consider myself a native Californian despite being born abroad.
- 1776 - John Hancock signs Declaration of Independence
- 1950 - Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan was burned down.
- 1983 - The Police release their final album, "Synchronicity", which would eventually spend 17 weeks at #1 on the U.S. album chart
- 419 - Valentinian III, Roman Emperor (d. 455)
- 1925 - Medgar Evers, American civil rights activist (d. 1963)
- 1986 - Lindsay Lohan, American actress
- and a whole bunch of baseball players ;-)
- 1566 - Nostradamus, French astrologer (b. 1503)
- 1937 - Amelia Earhart, American aviator (b. 1897)
- 1961 - Ernest Hemingway, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1899) (on my birthday)
- 1997 - Jimmy Stewart, American actor (b. 1908)
- and a whole bunch of actors/writers (hmmm?)
I also share my birthday with Canada (Canada Day)
It was a very nice day even though work was involved.
It's Christmas in July ! My sister in Seattle sent me some presents.
She knows how I love the glass bird ornaments that clip on and got me a set of 6 (above) and a really lovely larger one like the ones I already am collecting (below).
My sister in Gilroy, CA gave me this wonderful soy bead and candle set that smells heavenly.