Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sunny Side Up

I received a comment yesterday in response to my post on Friday about a flower in my yard and that I wasn't sure what it was.

Anonymous said

"The plant is Romneya coulteri. The common name is Matilija Poppy and some call it Fried Egg Flower. It's native to SoCal & Baja. The flowers have a wonderful fragrance and the deer won't eat them. Mine are looking fabulous, probably 7-8' high now. "
Don't you love that... and it does look like a fried egg sunny side up.
~~~
On the knitting front (or side) I did in fact turn the corner on my French Trellis scarf for the VLT KAL and am now onto the lace insert (body) portion. I've done a few lace patterns now but this is the first with pattern on both sides and with a 'non' stitch in this pattern it is really kicking my butt. I am still determined to complete this before MS3 begins on the 29th but we'll see.
I didn't have good enough lighting last night to take pictures so that will have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday.
TTFN

No comments: