I'm going to just give highlights and do pictures and details throughout the week.
Let's see what's been happening since we last met ...
Ravelry *** I'm In!!! I received my Ravelry invite! WOOT!! You can find me there as jrhutch. Now to get busy and enter projects, stash, needles, queue and so on.
WIPs - Another quick update with pictures and details coming later.
- Monkey Sock(s) - Finished the Little Bunny Foo Foo and just turned the heel on my second one with Footsey Foo. I loooove Socks that Rock and loooove this free pattern by Cookie A. I flipped my second pair in footsey foo by doing it toe up with my favorite short row toe and heel style.
- MS3 Stole - Love this project ... oh and the theme is 'Swan Lake' complete with a wing. I'm still back on clue 4 (kinda caught the monkey sock bug) but will be back to this one soon and will share pictures.
- Icarus Shawl - You're probably saying 'where did that one come from?'. Well my order of HandMaiden Camel Spin came in the last week of July, I saw the Bronze colorway and looked at this pattern from Miriam of mimknits and I knew I was a perfect match. I'm currently out of this colorway already but will be restocking it for sure.
- VLT French Trellis Scarf/Stole - Well this one is still in time out. Not so much because I don't have a solution figured out for the knitted on border but because, well you see the ones above ;-) It also will be back in progress soon I promise as I do have a plan and I am a project type knitter that has to have projects completed.
- Twisted Flowers Socks - Well this one went to the frog pond. I decided it needed a more subtle pattern for this fun, brightly colord Koigu. Looking through More Sensational Knitted Socks for the perfect stitch pattern. When I do decide to use this pattern I will use a solid colorway.
- Kimono Shawl - This poor beauty has been out of progress for quite a while now. The yarn (Sea Silk) is so very nice to work with and I really enjoy this pattern from Folk Shawls. I think I just couldn't get into working with black with all this beautiful weather. This will be a Fall/Winter completion project.
Well, that went a little longer than expected but wanted to give a brief project status update. I promise more details and pictures soon.
Vacation (Seattle, WA) - August 2-10
I had a wonderful time visiting my sister, brother-in-law and mom in Seattle. Details and pictures coming soon!!!
Lace in the Woods 08 - This retreat is coming along nicely. I'm working with Leah at go-Monkey Designs on the goodie bags. Anne, Cookie A, Miriam and Susan are busy on their classes. I still need to go back down there and work on logistics.... maybe that will be a Labor Day excursion ;-)
Shop News - New yarn, needles, kits, patterns ...
Honeybee Stole pattern and kits are now available with Claudia Handpainted Silk and Habu Tsumugi Silk end of next week. This is the long awaited pattern by Anne at Knitspot Fiber Lounge and I am so excited to be able to offer this pattern and even more excited about the kits with my favorite silks from Claudia and Habu. The full Shawl pattern and kit should be available sometime in November.
Claudia Silk Lace just came in while I was gone. 2 new colorways Honey and Marigold and they are already going quickly.
Habu Tsumugi Silk should be coming in next week which includes the popular Whiskey and White colorways along with come new ones.
Coming Soon! I'm in the process of putting together sock kits. These will be collections of sock patterns designed by Anne, Cookie and Miriam combined with sock yarns from Claudia Hand Painted and Jojoland. These should be available along with HijaHiya sock needles this Saturday.