Thursday, August 16, 2007

Project Updates and Introduction

Socks, socks and more socks. Yes I am back in love with knitting socks and am maintaining the quota of at least 2 sock projects on the needles at all times
Hey, hey we're the Monkeys ....
While on vacation in Seattle I finished my very first pair of Monkeys. I love them! They were done according to Cookie's pattern. Cuff down and a gusset flap heel.

Other Stats
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight in Little Bunny Foo Foo
Needles: Addi Turbo US 1

Ok, there was 1 modification. I did 5 repeats on the leg instead of 6. On the instep I needed only 4 repeats for my size 5.5 foot.

Here's the next Monkey. This one is Footzey Foo and again Socks that Rock Lightweight. This one I'm using my generic sock recipe.

Toe up using Magic Cast on technique found on knitty.com and short row heel. So basically I'm just using Cookie's stitch pattern and inserting it into my favorite method for toe up socks. Still using 4 repeats for the instep and 5 for the leg as well as the twisted k1p1 ribbing at the cuff.


Love this Monkey pattern by Cookie (also on knitty.com) and will surely be making more.


Another picture of Footzey Foo












and together with Little Bunny Foo Foo.









Introduction to Icarus

Now you're probably wondering if I've lost the love for shawls. Well not exactly. Just before I left for Seattle; actually it was the day the Handmaiden Camel Spin arrived. I just couldn't resist casting on Mariam's Icarus shawl in the Bronze colorway. It just seemed like the perfect combination of pattern and color. I also love the way it matches the sewing bag my Grandma Ramona made back in the mid-30's. Right now I'm on the 4th of 7 repeats before I start the ends of the feathers. Even though this is a very easy repeat and a great TV project it's getting to be slow going due to the increasing number of stitches.

Want to know more about the myth of Icarus here is a Wikipedia.org article on it.



Tomorrow an update on my trip to Seattle and maybe another sock.

2 comments:

silfert said...

Speaking as a Monkee nut, those are some groovy socks! Thanks for dropping by! :)

Iris G said...

Both pairs of Monkey socks are incredibly adorable ;-). Icarus is looking great, too!