Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Done!!!

I am soooo pleased!!! I finished my Mom's chemo Shawl the Stora Dimun shawl from Folk Shawls this morning ... right on schedule. It's blocking right now and I tried it on before blocking and the fit and drape are just amazing. I will do a photo shoot this week before sending it to her later in the week so it will arrive for the first day of Autumn. I will definately be making more of this one it is perfect and much better than any sweater.


Just some details....

Yarn: Frog Tree Alpaca in Sport weight in color #402 which is a lovely, dusty sage green. I used all 10 balls (50 gram) with just half of the last one left.

Needles: US 8 Denise Interchangeables with a 52" cable. These allowed me to really stretch it out as I went along.
Stitch Markers: 4 very cute kitty stitch markers for the borders and gusset. I don't usually use markers but they did come in handy on this project.

The crochet cast on created a very nice edging that makes most of the perimeter of the shawl and would do it on future Dimun shawls.








Ok, so now what's next you ask.... Jarred's Hemlock Ring Blanket. Isn't it stunning? I saw his on his blog and knew even before the wildly popular KAL that I would be making one of these for the back of my sofa. I'm using, like Jarred, the Cascade Eco Wool. I ordered 3 very large skeins just in case. The colorway is Antique (8019) and I love it. This is starting as a very quick knit with a magic cast on for a tight center belly button. I'm again using my Denise Interchangeables (US 10) with 2 sets (one for each half). Blue cable is the first half and the pink cable is the second half. I am already finished with the first 47 rounds and getting ready for the fan and feather repeats which means I'm moving right along. I hope to have this one done in a week or two.
More 'deadline' projects. After the Hemlock Ring Blanket I will be starting my Honeybee Stole by Anne in Tsumugi silk (curry colorway). This will be my Thanksgiving stole and will be perfect with the dress I picked up at Nepenthe/Phoenix in Big Sur on Labor Day. Then I will get back on the MS3 (Swan Lake) stole which I plan on wearing for Christmas. There will also be a couple Christmas gift projects in there as well.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments: