Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So what's new?

There's a few new things here today...

New FO - Stola Dimun Stole.... Done!!! It's bathed, blocked, beautiful and very, very big.

This turned out to be really large after blocking. I used US 8's to get a loose stitch and open eylets which made it larger than expected. But, the good thing is that this is exactly what my mom wanted. It will be perfect to wrap around herself while in the chemo recliner. Now if I did need to take this in a bit I would felt it slightly by washing in the washer with a large towel on warm water then not block agresively but just gently pull into shape.
I will be making more of these but will go down to US 6 or 7's.








New project OTN
- Hemlock Ring Blanket. I shared a picture of this in the last blog and I'm zooming along on this project. This is a wonderful pattern and I'm looking forward to using this on the cold autumn and winter nights. As of this moment I'm already on round 76 of 121 ... but don't worry this is slowing down as the rounds increase. I'm guessing I should complete this by the end of next weekend and have it blocked by the end of the month. But, don't worry as I mentioned I have another project in the wings.

New yarns and stole kit in the shop ...

New Stole kit... Anne of Knitspot Fiber Lounge has done it again! Here's the Twinings Stole kit combining her pattern with Habu Tsumugi Silk.
















New Yarn Collection ...

I am really excited about this new collection. One of my customers introduced me to this amazing knitwear and yarn designer and I knew I must try to include this one in the shop.
This collection includes a lovely linen cotton blend, mist slub and rag in several coordinating colorways. I was also fortunate to be able to take a class from her at Stitches West back in February.




So what's new in your knitting world?

No comments: