Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Honeybee

As I promised I will share with you how fixed the two mistakes on the Honeybee.
while blocking I saw that there was a dropped stitch in the last section before the border on each end of the stole. Fortunately through gentle washing and non aggressive blocking these didn't get too far and didn't require much in the way of laddering back up the complicated lace pattern.

I caught the lose stitch and pulled through the yarn from the row above using a small crochet hook. Basic dropped stitch repair method... nothing fancy here.

Then I took a short piece of the same yarn and threaded it through stitches on the row it belonged on as well as the loose stitch and continued on weaving it through that same row.
Kinda fudging a little but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Then to finish I wove in the ends of the scrap yarn and trimmed.

Not too bad considering.


Then when I finished repairing both of the dropped stitches I did a final photo shoot.



and now for the money shot ;-)




I just love everything about this stole. The yarn, drape, color, size, various patterns.
I won't kid you by saying this was a piece of cake. This really was my most challenging project to date but I am so happy with it and loved wearing it on Thanksgiving.

Final details.

Pattern: Anne (Knitspot) Honeybee stole
Size: Petite size ... not the tall.
Yarn: Habu Tsumugi Silk in the Curry colorway (3 cones)
Needles: US4 Hiya Hiya circs

Oh, and I just finished the Hypotenuse scarf for my brother-in-law.
Just need to weave in the ends, wash and block. I'll share pictures when it is done.
Let's just say this is a perfect holiday gift project.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Great job! The stole looks lovely! And a man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice the great fix - it repair!