Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hey... Look over there =>

Yeah... look at the new shiny things on the right under 'Knit Happens'. I've added some new javascript objects from Ravelry to show my current projects progress. Still some tweaking to do to make it look better and easier to read. It will help once I include pictures for all of these in progress projects.

I'm also ignoring the fact that I'm lying on Ravelry and really have more projects started than what I've listed there and showing here but I'll deal with that later. I'm also changing my blog template and need to find a nice picture to put up here on the title bar.

As you can see over in the new fancy dancy project status bar area the Hemlock Ring Blanket is DONE! Casting off that one was something else, but I am so pleased with the way it turned out after blocking. Pictures in the next day or two. Also you'll notice another project 100% complete. Well this is true in the sense that I'm done knitting it but I won't mark it as 'Finished' until I've washed, blocked and done a photo shoot... so be looking for that one too.


Tomorrow starts my holiday break and I really need to create some lists to keep me on track so I'm ready for Christmas Eve.
  • Presents left to be purchased
  • Food to be bought at the grocery store and Costco
  • Target list... yes, this get's it's own special list
  • Oh, and yes a list to keep track of the lists.

It's my turn to have the family over for Christmas Eve and there will be about 20 of us. A couple of us are silly and like to have 'theme' Christmas eves. Mostly these involve the food and traditions from different countries. We've done Italian, Danish, Mexican, Irish and we even did a Christmas/Hanuka combo when they fell on the same day.

While these are fun and a great way of learning new holiday traditions and possibly adding them to our own I thought it would be fun to do something totally different. I started planning on keeping with the country type theme by doing a Greek inspired Christmas. Then everything changed when I started working on my Grinchy socks and remembered how this is my favorite Christmas movie and thought how fun it would be to bring a little of the elements of the story into our Christmas Eve. The original movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, came out in 1966 when I was 5 years old and is such a major part of my childhood memories of Christmas.



Menu
  • Prime Rib 'Roast Beast'
  • Yorkshire Pudding 'Who Pudding'
  • Twice Baked Potatoes (ok I'm cheating here and bought them at Costco)
  • Sauteed Fresh Green Beans. These just look so much like grinchy fingers.
  • Cherry Jello Salad in the shape of a large heart. 'grew 3 times ...'
  • Fresh Green Salad
  • Homemade biscuits, because we won't let Brenda come without them ;-)
  • and various assortment of deserts

We'll have a reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and possibly showing one or both versions of the movie. Want to know more about The Grinch? wikipedia article

And now for a little musical interlude ... the song You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Ok, now maybe I'll have to make this my new 'tradition' when I have Christmas eve to base the theme on my favorite Christmas stories/movies. Hmmm, maybe it'll be the Nutcracker next time. What's your favorite Christmas story/movie from your childhood?

1 comment:

MRS MJW said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still makes Yorkshire Pudding. Your grinchy socks are cute. Merry Christmas!