Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 and I'm back blogging

Wow, a new year and again much to be thankful for and to look forward to.

As you might remember last February I was laid-off from my job in CA and moved to WA state in May and remained unemployed. That was until the beginning of September when I landed a 3 month consulting gig that I enjoyed. Then on December 8th I went and tripped and fell breaking my right wrist. I did this little trick exactly 3 years ago on December 5th of 2005 only that time I did both wrists. Well since this is the 2nd time around and I have Osteopenia the doctor recommended surgery. On the 15th of December I had surgery to put in a steel plate to keep it in line, so to speak. The first 3 days after the break and surgery were the worst and I discovered I really don't like pain meds but you do what you need to do to get through it.
I tell you it also sucked big time not being able to knit for 3 weeks. I was in the middle of a sock knitting frenzy and had plans to design the scarf for the Seasons of Habu Spring kit. Fortunately the surgery and steel plate means much faster healing time and I was able to get back to the needles on Christmas Eve. Yea!!!

Here's a post surgery picture.











There is more to share but I'll spread it out over the rest of the week.

On to news from The Knitting Hutch ...

Registration for the next installment of the Seasons of Habu - Spring 2009 is open.
Sign up by the 14 and receive 10% off ($45.00 / $50.00 reg.)
This kit will feature a lace weight cashmere yarn from Habu Textiles,
a lace scarf pattern that I've designed to reflect the theme (Spring Garden),
and several fun and useful swag items.

The pattern is a beginning to intermediate lace design with rest rows on the wrong side. Stitches used are k, p, yo, ssk, k2tog. s1 k2tog psso.
It will also allow you to choose your own width and length by changing the number of repeats for the width. I am enjoying knitting this and know you will too.

Click on the picture to check out the details and schedule.





See ya tomorrow

No comments: