Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday confessional

Ok, I'll fess up. I still haven't completed the finishing on the Vintage Copper Cowl Neck Sweater yet. I will set aside at least an hour to it today/tonight, promise. Just couldn't help myself. See the shipment of Maggi's yarns and books arrived and had to start one of the projects immediately.

The yarn is her Maggi's Linen which is a yummy light worsted weight 48% Linen 52% Cotton blend. The put up is a 126 yard ball and comes in neutrals and very nice colors of which I selected the Natural 01.
The picture below shows that instead of being a fully plied yarn it contains three separate plies wound together. You work with this as you work any project where you are carrying several yarns together. It really is nice to work with and has a very nice, light feel. Perfect for a Summer project.
Such as the cover project in book 15 The Gathered Look. This is the Alcala Shawl. It is a typical Maggi design with multi tiers and fringe. I love it and know it will be perfect for cool Summer evenings here in the Pacific North West.

Here it is on the needles. Colonial Rosewood US 9's to be specific which give the perfect amount of drag for this yarn. I, per usual, had to go up one full needle size to get gauge but I was excited that I got gauge, both stitch and row, with this size. Yep, a slightly tight knitter here.

I also decided it might be a really good idea to attach the fringe as I finish each section so I'm not left doing all of them at the end.

Don't forget I am offering Free Shipping as this weeks special. Good on orders $40.00 and over within the US. All orders are shipped USPS Priority Mail.

Speaking of shipping. I will be on holiday starting Monday March 2nd through Tuesday March 10th. All orders received during this time will be shipped on Wednesday March 11th.

Now back to finishing a project ;-)

What will you be working on this weekend?

No comments: