Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The other side of the coin

Wanted to share a quick project update on the Vintage Copper Cowl Neck Sweater.
I finished knitting the 1x1 ribbed sash which completed the knitting portion of the project.
Next step is 'sewing' the pieces together. Notice the crochet hook. Yes, instead of using a traditional mattress or back stitch seam I am using a single crochet stitch to 'sew' all of the seams. This is my method of choice for a light weight yarn like this Habu Kasuki Zome Silk.
I love the surged looking seam it give and since you finish the project by doing a single crochet edging around the neck line and sleeve edges it works for me.


Above is a closeup of a shoulder seam. This baby will be finished tonight and ready to wash and block tomorrow.

I am hoping to finish up the seaming and edging early enough to start my next project and share it with you in the next day or 2.

Enjoy and Knit On!

No comments: