Monday, February 16, 2009

Penny for your thoughts

... and appropriately Happy President's day.
I love this sweater's simple design and eyelet detailing which is continued on the sleves. I am using the recommended yarn which is unusual. Habu's Kasuki Zome silk in color 26 Suo which is dead on match to a new copper penny.




This and another couple sweaters attracted me to this newer book ~ A Stitch In Time. It is the 2nd rewrite of vintage English patterns from 1920 through 1949. It is a hefty book that includes the original pattern, brief fashion note of the time and the updated version of the pattern. This book can be purchased at
http://shop.knitonthenet.com/

This is a quick knit in stocking stitch and should finish the front tonight.


There is also a Ravelry group for this book that is very helpful.





The Magically Mobieus Cowl is finished and blocked. Yes, I blocked a mobieus? Well it wasn't easy but felt the lace needed to be pulled out so I blocked as much as I could and left the crossover area as it was. I am happy with the way it turned out. Perfect diameter but if I were to do it over I would have done at least 1 or 2 more repeats to increase the width allowing me to pull it over my head if needed. I think it was the perfect pattern for this skein of Schaefer Anne.









Seasons of Habu - Spring 09. Just received the last of the goodies for the kit over the weekend. Now I am putting the kits together.... very fun. I also finished editing the pattern, printing and stuffing them into page protectors. I am so excited about this kit and can't wait to send them out on March 2nd. There are 6 kits left in the shop.

No comments: