Monday, February 23, 2009

Model Monday

It came!!! The dress model arrived today and couldn't wait to put it to work. Very easy to put together, adjust the height, and it is pinnable. Perfect for draping or putting up pieces before sewing together. Don't know why I didn't get one of these sooner. Hmmm, maybe a foot/leg for is needed for socks?



Looky what I found in my WIP bin. A Maggi Jackson project from Stitches West 07. Yes, 2 years ago. A friend introduced me to her designs and instantly fell in love with them. Then I was fortunate to have the opportunity to take a class at SW where she taught several of her techniques for combining her yarns in a signature MJ modular scarf. For whatever reason this made it's way to the bottom of the WIP queue. Well it's back out and in the current rotation of current projects. At the same time I knew I wanted to carry Maggi's yarns and books in the shop. I started to and even received a partial shipment of my first order from the distributor. Well I never received the remainder and other things happend and carrying her yarns also moved down the list. Well a few weeks ago I received a call from Maggi's husband letting me know that she is now distributing her yarns and books directly. I knew this was the perfect chance to make the move and bring Maggi's yarns back to The Knitting Hutch and I placed an order. You can find the yarns here and books here and I will be expanding the selection throughout the year.


Knit on!
















No comments: