Wednesday, April 18, 2007

and next up is ...

Since I'm catching you up on my current works in progress I thought I'd pace myself by posting one a day and so now I present ....


Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls
using Frog Tree Alpaca Sport Weight in Dark Gray using my Denise Interchangeables with the size US8 needle tips.

I started this shawl around noon on Easter Sunday and have worked on it steadily every day since. Last night I completed the 4th of 6 lace repeats and hope to be done Friday or Saturday so I can wash and block. This is my first alpaca and I am in love. Very, very soft with a great hand. I picked this one for the Wool Peddler's Shawl because I really liked the rustic texture, hand spun look this yarn gives and think it would be like what they would have sold and used for their shawls.
This is my immediate project to complete since I want to take it with me to wear on the Sea Socks Cruise to Vancouver and Victoria at the end of the month. So I must get back to it and hope to complete repeat 5 tonight.
Tomorrow... Another project introduction and..... New Arrivals/Coming Soon.

No comments: