Monday, April 16, 2007

So many projects ... so little time

Well here's my first Project Status post (with out pictures).
I wanted to share with you what I'm working on right now and promise to post pictures soon.

Since there are so many right now I thought I would share one a day then I'll do a regular update as progress/completion is made.

Here we go.... currently on the needles (3 shawls, 1 sweater, 1 purse and 1 pair of socks)
First up

  • Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls using Hand Maiden Sea Silk in the Ebony colorway and size US6 circular needles (metal from the early 80's). I love this yarn and pattern. The hand, drape and colors are just amazing. The pattern is a really easy lace suitable for beginning lace knitters. I'm currently about 1/3 of the way on this one. The colors in this one are hard to describe. It's a soft black with brown highlights that have a real richness to it. This is not just a model for my shop and website but one I'm looking forward to wearing. I'm hoping to be finished with this one by the end of May. The reason it's taking so long is other projects keep popping up ...

Such as ... Tomorrow's project - Wool Peddler's Shawl

No comments: