Saturday, June 23, 2007

Consider your self invited

I would like to invite you to the Lace in the Woods '08 ~ 'a knitting retreat' in Big Sur, Ca.


This will be held June 23 - 27, 2008 at the Big Sur Lodge in the heart of Big Sur in the Central California Coastal Redwoods. There will be 4 amazing lace designers teaching lace knitting techniques for socks as well as shawls. more info ...

Wow... I hadn't realized that it had been since Monday that I last blogged. Oh the shame ;-)


Quick project update.... French Trellis is coming along very nicely. I'm on repeat 13 of 16 of the center leaf panel and I'm in the grove on this one. Looks like I'll have plenty to do as many as 18-20 repeats of the center panel and since this seems to want to be more of a stole size I'll go with it. I was really hoping to have this done by the 29th for the start of Mystery Stole 3 but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Coming Soon!!! The 5 new colorways of Claudia Hand Painted Silk laceweight should arrive on Monday and I'll post pictures as soon as I can and add these to the product page.
New lace friendly circular needles ~ I ordered last week various sizes of Hiya Hiya circlular needles in sock and lace sizes and have heard wonderful things about these giving Addi Lace and Knit Picks a run for their money.
I promise it won't be so long the next time ;-)
p.s. .... I almost forgot the coolest thing that I did today. As a followup to the Alpaca shearing last week I went out there today just in time to watch one deliver her baby... it's a boy and is a beautiful chestnut color. No name yet.

1 comment:

Iris G said...

French Trellis is looking superb! The pattern and the yarn work well together.