Sunday, June 03, 2007

More Completion Weekend

The Ostrich Plume Stole .... Completed.


Pictures of the bird bathed, blocked and ready to use.
I am really pleased with the way this turned out (having never blocked silk before). I will definitely do this one again either in a different colorway of Habu Silk Tweed or a solid Habu silk.


I am also glad that I decided to go down a needle size (US6) for this weight to keep the stitch definition, and will use them again for my next shawl with this weight of silk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the Habu (sense a theme here) Silk and Linen Shoulder bag.
In all honesty I had started this one quite awhile ago and layed
it aside for other projects.
Just last week picked it up since all that was left was the second handle and sewing.
This really is a quick knit and have another one in the wings to do very soon. I again used a smaller needle on this one (Clover US4) to get a nice firm fabric.

Instead of sewing the side seams I put the right sides together and did a single crochet seam. I really like this as
it gives a nice finished and almost serge edge and adds support to the seams.

No comments: