Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New beginnings ...

The Victorian Lace Today KAL kicked off this weekend and I'm starting on the French Trellis Scarf.










I'm using 3 balls of Habu Kasuki Zome Silk in the Ryokuyo (light green) colorway and my Colonial Rosewood circs in US 6. This silk is so soft and almost cotton like... really a pleasure to work with.











I'm buzzing right along on the first border repeat (of 8) ;-)

This pattern is classified as an Intermediate and can be challenging with patterning on both RS and WS and is not easily memorized.





but I'll continue on. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sock Mojo is back baby !!!!


I was getting really concerned that I had lost my mojo for knitting socks which I love.

What I came to realize is that it's all in the combination of the yarn, colorway and pattern.

I had started a pair of socks with this yarn Claudia Hand Painted fingering weight in Donna's Favorites back at the end of April. I started with a pinecone pattern which is a simple eyelet design and had the toe, instep and was ready to turn the heal but just couldn't get beyond that.

Then I realized that I wasn't loving this combination of yarn/colorway/pattern. So I went to the frog pond and RIPPED! All the way down to the end of the toe increases. I knew I wanted a chevron type pattern so I pulled out Sensational Knitted Socks and looked at the 3 chevron style patterns and selected Ribbed Feather. This was it!!! Well, after the first repeat I wasn't sure but as I added repeats I knew this was PERFECT. I am in love with socks again (at least this one). By Sunday evening I had all but 2 repeats left to do for the instep and last night I finished turning the heel.



New from Habu Textiles - More colors of Tsumugi Silk. There are now 17 colors in stock!
I just love this silk from Habu and it's such a good value for 450 yards of laceweight silk. I also received the Linen and Silk Shoulder bag in brick/wine and only 1 of the 3 are left!

No comments: