Friday, June 29, 2007

Mystery Stole ~ episode 1

The mystery begins. Here is the first of what I think will be 7 - 8 installments of the Mystery Stole on Fridays. I pulled down Clue One early this morning and printed them off. However, I was hammered today with work and wasn't able to start casting on until 3pm PST. By 3:30 I had the 1st 16 rows completed. This is misleading since the journey stating on the bias and so the rows start out very short and build up. I can tell already though that I am going to love this project! The beading isn't as bad as I thought it would be since it's only done at either end of every 5th row in the beginning and added to the center later on.

Ok, I'm really excited now. Some in Europe have already completed the first clue (100 rows) and have posted their pictures. They are amazing and it's really fun to see how this pattern looks with different fibers and knitting tensions. I will post pictures at the halfway mark and completion of this clue (row 50 and 100).

This is really a treat and wonderful way to end a very stressful and busy work week.

Are you playing along with this mystery?

Have a wonderful weekend and look for the pictures tomorrow and a day or two after that.

No comments: