Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Autumnal Equinox

Happy 1st Day of Autumn!!! This is my favorite season of all.


I love the crisp mornings, first rains and the amazing lighting.

Honeybee Stole ...
I started my Honeybee Stole which I hope to have completed in time to wear for Thanksgiving. The pattern is from the ever amazing Anne and yarn is of course my favorite Habu Tsumugi Silk in the Curry color. How perfect is this for a fall stole?






I found the best way to work with the small cones of silk is to use a bread basket with loop type handles and place a bamboo dowel through the cone and handles. This allows the cone to spin freely while you're working.





Here's a closeup of the behive section.



and the obligatory backside. This shows the closeup of the provisional caston. I did a crochet caston directly on the needle (US 4) with plain cotton crochet thread as waste yarn.


I have this pattern and yarn available as a kit here.

More Fall Fun!!!

At The Knitting Hutch I've created a fun make your own sock kit perfect for those socks we love to wear in the Fall and Winter. I call it Socktacular Sock Kits. There is a selection of 8 sock patterns by Anne and Miriam combined with a selection of 3 sock yarns. Classic Solids by jojoland, Vareigated by jojoland and Hand Painted by Claudia. You select your pattern and then your yarn and color and there you have a build your own sock kit.

What do you love about Autumn?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a question on blocking silk - I used Claudia's handpainted silk for a second MS3, now ready to block. Wanietta suggested that I insert blocking wires to the dry stole, pin it out & mist it, then dry. Someone else posted about a soak in eucalan, then blocking. Please post answer to the group page.