Tuesday, January 08, 2008

1 down.... 51 to go

Woot... One sock done, which means 51 more to knit this year. I'm a little behind schedule for the Sock A Week 08 KAL but I know I'll catch up and finish the second one by end of Sunday. The Spider's web shawl will suffer though and will have to pace myself and reset the finish date for Sunday the 20th.


I'm liking this one. The yarn Fleece Artist Merino isn't the softest merino I've used but I have hopes it will wash up nicely and keep the stitch definition. The pattern is great and comes from my favorite sock pattern book More Sensational Knitted Socks. Baby Fern - It is an easy to memorize 12 stitch by 6 row repeat. The gauge with this yarn and needles (US1, my standard sock size) is a little larger than normal so I did 7 repeats of the pattern for the instep instead of 8. Short Row heel with 10 un-worked stitches instead of 11 or 12. Then onto 9 repeats on the leg since I wanted it a little longer than I normally do (same number as the instep). Topping it with a 1x1 ribbing for 9 rows with a stretchy bind-off. the bind off I used for this one isn't the frilly one I've been doing but bound off in pattern and with 2 stitches on the right needle slipped the left needle in front of the 2 stitches from left to right and knit off making a smoother edge.

I'm hoping that I'll keep on 'schedule' with this SAW KAL and will post my progress here every Monday.

No comments: