As you know I started by rolling out the new version of The Knitting Hutch.
I've been receiving some very good feedback and will be working on getting all the products in their appropriate places. Also, making it an inviting site to browse through and enjoy looking at some pretty and inspiring yarns and helpful knitting items. Feel free to email me with feed backs and ideas. I enjoy hearing from you and working on the shop. There is a new shipment of Jojoland yarn (variegated worsted weight) and a small mesh laundry bag.
This will be perfect for throwing your hand knit socks into keeping them contained when washing with the rest of your delicates.
I didn't have to go back to work until Thursday and Friday I worked from home since I knew this was coming. On Friday we had a tremendous storm with ferocious winds and rain coming down sideways. The wind was so great at one point about 7 metal panels flew off of the roof of the barn. We sure need the rain but the wind, not so much ;-)
Yesterday I spent a little time with my extended family at Myra's birthday party which was fun.
She turned 8 and I made her a gypsy style shawl with a mix of a grey blue wool, soft fuzzy cream, tan leather like ribbon and a hand spun wool with beads added in. She loves it!
Afterwards I continued with putting away Christmas decorations. After looking at and dealing with Christmas decorations since early October at my Grandmother's I'm ready to have them all put away.
All in all it's been a good week.
Onto Knitting (and other crafty) Aspirations.
- Have a shawl in progress and complete 6-8 this year. Here's the one I'm working on right now. This the Spider's Web Shawl from Victorian Lace Today and is one of the 4 projects in the current Knit A Long. I cast this on New Year's Day while watching the Rose Parade. It is a quick one and I'm doing the smallest Fichu size instead of the full Hexagon or Half Hex. I'm already nearing the end of the body of this and the border doesn't look too involved so I'm guessing I could be done by next Sunday. Quick details: Yarn - Habu Hand Dyed Cashmere on US5 Hiya Hiya 32" circs.
Pretty web detail ....
- Socks.... 2 pair per month. This shouldn't be too hard to do and if you saw my sock yarn stash you'd know why I have this one as a goal for '08. My current sock in progress is HandMaiden Merino in Ebony using the Baby Fern pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Isn't it pretty? This is my favorite colorway by HandMaiden. Remember my Kimono Shawl in Ebony Sea Silk (yep, still need to finish that one).
- Finish my Sonnet Sweater ... pictures later this week. I promise.
- One Felting Project. Not sure yet what ... might be the FiberTrends Felted Clogs.
and because I need to be more balanced I'm including some non knitting crafts too...
- Sewing. I have several bags and purse projects planned and hope to have at least 4 done. This also means I need to finish up setting up and organizing my sewing room which is coming along nicely.
- Painting. Christmas of 05 I bought myself a painting easel and supplies to delve into painting. I haven't touched it and really would like to give this a go this spring. I have a really nice place set up in my bedroom for this and am excited to get started.
Ok, I've rambled on long enough now but I want to leave you with some yummy sock yarn pron. I just received these this week. They are hand dyed by DharmaFey and are inspired by the Showtime series Dexter. Love this show and love this yarn.
first up is Dexter's Canvas... I'm thinking this would make a lovely pair of socks for Valentine's Day ;-)
This is simply called Dexter.