Friday, June 06, 2008

Sock it to me...

Yes, I am old enough to have watched, and loved Laugh In and Goldie Hawn's line.

However this blog is devoted to the last three socks that were in progress for quite awhile and have recently completed. At the beginning of this year I joined the Weekly Sock project group and was doing really well at doing a sock a week. Then with events of February I seemed to have lost my knitting mojo for a bit. Don't worry... it's back and I'm moving along nicely finishing up the many projects I've started over the past year.

Today's offering will be Socks

First up - Love Waving Lace Socks
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Fingering
Color: Love in Idleness
Needles: Hiya Hiya Circs US1 (2)
Pattern: Waving Lace by Evelyn Clark in Favorite Socks

BMFA's fingering weight is one of my very favorite sock yarns ever... nice and soft/squishy and lovely to work with. This is a really nice pattern that I enjoyed knitting; easy to memorize and read the knitting.
I really loved the detailed cuff. A little fiddly in the beginning but worth the effort. Nice pattern that I would do again... but a little bit shorter as these are a little longer than I typically wear.

Next up - Flamingo Feather Socks
Yarn: Opal Rainforest
Color: Flamingo
Needles: Hiya Hiya Circs US0 (2)
Pattern: Ridged Feather from Sensational Knitted Socks

OK, I have to say that I didn't really like this yarn... a little to thin and stringy for my liking but I made it work and like them. This pattern I another one of my favorite and will be a 'go to' pattern I'm sure.
It's very, very easy to memorize and read and like the garter stitch cuff.






Last but not least- Mossy Basket Socks
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering Weight
Color: Woodland Moss
Needles: Hiya Hiya Circs US1 (2)
Pattern: Stansfield 27 from More Sensational Knitted Socks

I have loved Claudia's fingering weight wool for socks since the first time I used them. Like BMFA it's a very squishy, soft yarn that is a true pleasure to knit with and wear. That said, she has changed her source for yarn and I haven't tried the new base and hope it is just as nice. This colorway is also one of my favorites of hers but it did present some problems with finding the perfect stitch pattern that didn't make it look so camo. My sister and I looked through More Sensational Knitted socks and she thought a more geometric pattern might work better than a biased lace and she was right. This is sort of a basket weave effect that I really like and I know I'll be looking at the geometric patterns closer now. Love it!
Ok, enough of the socks ... for now. Last night I finished the border of the Spider's-Web Fichu shoulder shawl from Victorian Lace Today (picture on the right) Today I wove in the ends, washed and blocked. Pictures and details this weekend.
Tonight I will be back on my Sonnet Sweater (also pictured on the right) and hope to finish this up this week - Finally!
Knit on ya all

1 comment:

Angie said...

I actually meant to post a comment on your last post but life happened and I didn't get back online till today. It is good to "see" you happy, blogging and knitting again. With all our messages back and forth for Lace in the Woods I feel like I know you. I am sure sometime in the future we will get to knit together. Take care.

/hugs
Angie (Sybina on Ravelry)