Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday summary

Spider-Web Fichu Shawl


Last Thursday I finished the Fichu sized Spiders-Web shawl from Victorian Lace Today.

I cast on for this project on Jan 1st during the Rose Bowl Parade for the VLT Jan 08 KAL and I had finished the body of this fairly quickly then found it difficult to find beads with the right color and size.
Then a few weeks ago I found them and got on with the border. This was my first knitted on border and am happy with it and now feel more comfortable with the process.

Details
Yarn: 2 balls of Habu Textiles Hand-Dyed Kasuri Cashmere A-171 2/24
Needles: Hiya Hiya Stainless Steel circulars US 6 / 4.0 mm

I love the yarn and was pleased after hearing how short the yardage estimates in the book tend to run that I only needed 2 balls and still had some left. It probably helped going down a needle sized from the recommended size.

The fichu style is one of my favorites because of the fit and this is small but perfect for wearing with a t-shirt or tank to dress up a casual outfit.











So, what's next on the needles?

I've taken my Sonnet sweater out of hibernation. This is a free pattern on knitty.com from the Fall 2003 issue. This week I've finished the first sleeve and well into the second and should have it bathed, blocked and all sewn up by the end of next weekend.

Since the 1st of May I've been really good at focusing on finishing up all my Works In Progress and am enjoy it very much. Seems like I am more of a project oriented knitter rather than process oriented. This is good since I have quite a few WIPs waiting to be completed. So you knitters out there... are you a process or project oriented knitter? and how many WIPs do you have waiting for you? ;-)

... everyone back to your knitting

No comments: