Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Very good week

Job Search News .... and looks like it might end with me getting a job. As you probably know I've been looking for 5 months and on Monday alone I submitted 9 applications. On Tuesday I received a call from a 'recruiter' looking for a Remedy Administrator / Developer for a client of theirs. It appears this isn't even one I had applied for as it isn't posted anywhere (yet). This 1st screening phone call went very well so he set up a time for me to have another screening interview this morning at 11am. This also went very, very well and he then set up for a (hopefully) final phone interview with the Director of Software Engineering tomorrow at 11am. I was told right off that the company really liked my resume and it looked good for me to be selected for this job. This will start off as a 6 month contract which more than likely lead into a permanent position. I've already researched this company, and equally important their location here in Seattle. I will share more about who they are and what they do once I land the job... but let's just say it is located in the absolutely most perfect spot in Seattle. They are right on the waterfront, between Pike Place Market and Seattle Center/Space Needle/Sculpture Garden. Oh, and my new hair stylist and So Much Yarn is just a few blocks away. Now I ask you how perfect is all that. Ok, now back to my chances. Not only does the referring and hiring company like me, I am the only candidate they are presenting to the hiring company! Check back tomorrow for updates.

Now back to our regularly scheduled knitting content....

Last Night's Knitting... Last night I went to the Tuesday night knitting group here in Marysville, WA. We met at the park which was a very nice change of venue from a coffee shop. Not only did I do a little knitting on my current sock project (remind me to share later), Megan taught me to spin with a spindle. Can you believe it! It's been over a year that I've been talking about learning to spin and finally I've started. Like everyone says it's a little bit of magic. Well I'm so mentally distracted today that I haven't taken any pictures so those will come tomorrow as well.

at the shop ... I received part of what i need for the exciting, new product I have in the works and the main part of this should arrive tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Then a bit of work and it should be available end of next week..ish. Promise this will be well worth the wait and you'll wonder how you went this long without it.

sorry for the lack of photos but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

No comments: