Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Knitting Time

Yes, there is still some knitting going on here.

First up - Iggy Pop Socks
Love this color way from The Woolen Rabbit.
and this merino/nylon blend is really nice to knit with.

Stats: Cross-stitch block by Charlene Schurch using US 1
2 circs at a time, cuff down. This is a different type of cable design which is fun but not too demanding since it only happens on every 14th round. Not working on these full time like I usually do but have these as my traveling project.

This is my primary project right now ....

Magically Lace Wrap. This is based on Cat Bordhi's Treasury of Magical Knitting (White Lace Shoulder Wrap). I've forgotten how addicting mobieus knitting can be. I am using a good sized skein of Schaefer Anne yarn which is typically used for socks. Looked a little fuzzy for my sock taste so I knew it would be a perfect cowl/scarf/wrap. Depending on how much is left after the pattern defined repeats I might add a lacy border on this. Oh, I'm using US 6 Denise Interchangeable needles with a really long cable.
I am also working on the pattern for the Summer Seasons of Habu but will wait to share that until I have it further along.
In the shop ...
Did some cosmetic type updates and pictures. Yesterday added the Habu shipment of Kusaki Zome silk, Kakisbui cotton and restock of the Stainless Steel Silk in Violet.

No comments: