Friday, March 27, 2009

On The Needles Friday

OTNF
This is what I hope will be a regular blog installment to share what I have on the needles ( and should have on the needles). Basically my weekend knitting plans.
First up are 2 projects that I am actively working on. I've already introduced you to the tank style top I am working on for the Summer Seasons of Habu kit. The front is knit, washed and blocked. The other night I cast on for the other piece which I need to focus on and finish early next week. Then the cones of Habu Wool and Silk blend in a light fingering weight were screaming at me to knit them. So I obeyed and started a shawl pattern from Anne Hanson of Knitspot. This will be a featured yarn, pattern and kit of the week very soon.
Here's the backside of this project. I love how soft and delicious this wool/silk blend from Habu is. Yes I appear to be in my green mood right now.

Next up are a couple projects that need more On The Needle time. The Copper Vintage Cowl sweater was going along well until I started to put it together. The sleeves weren't quite right. I was going to make it work as Tim Gunn would say but I got a PM on Ravelry from the person who rewrote this pattern alerting me to a slight errata. Love Ravelry! So I need to put in a few hours and reknit the sleeves and get this together.

Yes, another sweater that needs more intensive OTN as in entirely reknit. Actually it turned out great if you ignore the fact that it doesn't fit me. So a froggy will come a courtin and back to knitting this up again a size (or 2) larger.

So there's my weekend knitting plans. What's on your needles.
Have a wonderful weekend
and ...
Enjoy your knitting!

No comments: